Wednesday 18 April 2012

A man's best friend!


Man’s best friend? Woman’s best friend? Where is it, that it states that a man’s best friend is a dog and a woman’s is diamonds? Some universal unwritten rule?

I think anyone could tell you I dream of the day I can afford real diamond rings and earrings with platinum settings. The way they sparkle and smile at you, the way everyone glances at them knowing how beautiful they are. The elegance! But why can’t a dog be a woman’s best friend? I love my old dog, my bosses’ old dog and the dog I had with my old boyfriend. 

What is not to love, all they want it to be walked, fed and loved, unconditional love. They know when you are upset, they know how to piss you off, they wait for you to return home, lick your face with so much love and they just want to be with you.

I do feel sorry for those people whom have animal allergies, especially allergies to dogs. They miss out on so much, growing up with a dog, having a companion throughout life that won’t let you down, that is there no matter what, they don’t promise anything and don’t break your heart. 

The sad thing is, “a dog is not for Christmas” is so true, the amount of dogs beaten, killed, abused, made to fight etc is an unfortunate truth. Because they don’t have a voice, they are smaller than us, people think that it is ok to inflict pain upon beautiful creatures.

I say that dogs are not just a man’s best friend, but they are everyone’s best friend. Once I leave University I am getting myself a dog or two again with diamond collars, going to kill two birds with one stone :) Never forget how precious they are.

Here is my shameful video of my love for an old dog :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment